County Job Board
There are 3 new job postings on the Ionia County Job Board. Please click here to view the Ionia County Job Board.
2012 Board of Commissioners' Year in Review
Listed below are just a few of the accomplishments of the Ionia County Board of Commissioners in 2012:
- Implementation of the Ionia County Courthouse Secured Single-Entrance
- Adoption of an Anti-Fraud Policy
- Amendment of the Vacation Policy
- Adoption of a Drug Testing Policy
- Purchase of the Murphy T-Hangar at the Ionia County Airport
- Amendment of the Ionia County Address Ordinance
- Collaboration with the City of Ionia for Emergency Management Services
- Adoption of the Voluntary Shared Leave Policy
- Amendment of the Ionia County Animal Control Ordinance
Many more ideas and projects are currently underway and being planned for 2013. We look forward to making 2013 another productive year!!
and Upcoming Appointments
The Board of Commissioners appoints local citizens to a number of boards and committees. Appointments are made at varying times throughout the year, depending on the board/committee. There are also vacancies that occur due to a board/committee member leaving or choosing not to be reappointed. Those vacancies are open for applicants at any time during the vacancy. Please check here for monthly updates of current vacancies and upcoming appointments.
If you are interested in serving your county, please fill out an Application for Appointment and forward it to the Administration Office.
For more information on the various boards and committees, please review our Board-Committee Appointment Information List. More information can also be found on our Boards and Commission Appointments page.
Current Board/Committee Vacancies
*Board of Public Works - One three-year appointment expiring January 2016.
Upcoming Appointments for Consideration:
*Midwest Michigan Trail Authority - Three two-year appointments. (May)