Ionia County 8th Circuit Court/Juvenile Division
The Juvenile Division of the Family Court handles juvenile delinquency proceedings, payments and collections for all neglect/abuse cases and delinquency cases and civil show cause proceedings.
Also located within the Juvenile Division is our YOUTH SERVICE BUREAU, a diversion and prevention program to keep youth out of the formal juvenile court system. This is a free, voluntary and confidential service for county youth, ages 6 - 16 years old, and can also be used as a resource for other county services.
Juvenile Division Office 616-527-5332
Ionia County Courthouse
100 Main St.
Ionia, MI 48846
Juvenile/Family Division Judge: Robert S. Sykes, Jr.
Juvenile Division Staff:
- Monte Starkweather, Director of Court Services & Referee
- Karen Heintzelman, In-Home Care/Aftercare Probation Officer
- Nancy A. Miller, In-Home Care Probation Officer
- Kristine Purnhagen, Probation Officer
- Joe Cusack, Probation Officer
- Juanita Mills, Juvenile Court Register
- Sallie Possehn, Deputy Register
Youth Service Bureau Staff:
- Kristin Yalacki, Caseworker
- Kim Wheater, Caseworker