Register to Vote
Persons can register to vote at any Secretary of State Office branch office, a County Clerk’s Office or with their Township/City Clerk.
Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to:
- View your Sample Ballot for the upcoming election
- Track the status of your Absentee Ballot
- Verify your Voter Registration Information
- Find out if you are registered to vote
Citizen of the United States, not less than 18 years of age, a resident of the state and township or city for no less than 30 days prior to the election.
Absentee ballots are issued from your local Township or City Clerk.
Absentee Ballot Eligibility
A registered voter is eligible to obtain an absentee ballot for an upcoming election is he or she:
- is 60 years of age or more
- is unable to vote without assistance
- expects to be absent from his or her city or township of residence for the entire time the polls are open
- is in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- has been appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of his or her precinct of residence or
- is unable to attend the polls due to his or her religious beliefs.