Register to Vote
Persons can register to vote at any Secretary of State Office branch office, a County Clerk’s Office or with their Township/City Clerk.
Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to:
- View your Sample Ballot for the upcoming election
- Track the status of your Absentee Ballot
- Verify your Voter Registration Information
- Find out if you are registered to vote
- Citizen of the United States
- Not less than 18 years of age
- A resident of Michigan and township or city
- Not serving a sentence in jail or prison
Absentee ballots are issued from your local Township or City Clerk.
Absentee Ballot Eligibility
Due to the passage of a statewide ballot proposal 18-3, all eligible and registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.Absent Voter Ballot Application