How to Apply for a Marriage License
- One of the applicants must be a resident of Ionia County
- Only one applicant needs to be present to apply for the marriage license
- Certified copies of birth certificates FOR EACH APPLICANT must be presented at the time of application
- Social security numbers are needed FOR EACH APPLICANT at the time of application. NOTE: If applicant does not have a social security number, the applicant must be present at the time of application
- The applicant(s) must show photo identification at the time of application
- Applicant(s) must complete the Marriage License Affidavit. Applicants SHOULD NOT SIGN the Affidavit until they are in the presence of a Notary Public or in front of the staff in the County Clerk’s Office.
- The marriage license will be issued after a three-day waiting period. After the waiting period, the marriage license can be picked up at the County Clerk’s Office.
- The fee for a marriage license is $20. Method of payments accepted: Cash, check or credit card
Does anyone at the County perform marriage ceremonies?
If you are looking for the “Justice of the Peace” to perform your marriage, you can contact the 64A District Court by calling 616-527-5349 to set up an appointment.