Emergency Services Dispatcher
$19.98/hour with possible lateral pay and vacation adjustment for prior years of service
Under the supervision of the 911 Central Dispatch Director or designee, the dispatcher receives request for police, fire, emergency medical and other types of assistance from the public. They then dispatch or relay the calls for service to the appropriate agency(s) or unit(s). 911 Central Dispatch is a 24-hour operation. Employees will be required to work any shift, including weekends and holidays, and will be required to work overtime as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Successful completion and certification as a National Academy Emergency Medical Dispatcher during probationary period of employment.
- CPR certification during probationary period of employment
- Health Insurance – 5% employee premium co-pay
- Health Savings Account – employer contribution of $750 (prorated to hire date)
- Voluntary Dental and Vision
- MERS B-3 Defined Benefit retirement plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Employer paid Group Life and AD&D, $50,000
- Paid time off
This position will be posted until filled. Ionia County is an Equal Opportunity Employer