You need to bring a check or money order made payable to the Ionia County Clerk if you are a resident of Michigan, or a check or money order for $30.00 if you are not a resident of Michigan. To apply for a Marriage License, one of the parties must be a Michigan resident.

You need to bring information on both parties. Bringing Birth Certificates of both parties would be helpful. (see the Affidavid for License to Marry under the “Forms” section of this website for more details of the information that will be requested).

Posted in: Most Helpful FAQs from all Departments