In-Home Aides – Commission on Aging
Several Part-Time and Full-Time Positions Available
Starting Pay: $11.27/hour + County benefit package for full-time positions
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED, supplemented by some previous experience working with the elderly; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. A valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable transportation are required. Applicant must be willing to travel (within Ionia County). CPR/First Aid certification, or ability to become certified, is also required. Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) training or certification is a big plus but not required.
General Summary: In-Home Aides support clients in their homes by performing a variety of tasks as indicated in client care plans. Aides communicate regularly with the In-Home Services Director, helping COA to respond to changing client needs and working to provide excellent care and service. Regulartrainings help grow aide’s skillset and advance agency goals.
Tasks may include a variety of activities such as:
- Housekeeping: cleaning bathrooms/kitchens, vacuuming, laundry
- Respite Care: relieve Caregivers in the home with a range of tasks.
- Respite Home Chore (part-time only): yard work, snow removal, minor home repairs.
- Personal Care: bathing/showering, hair care, skin care, dressing, transferring, toileting.
Aides are responsible for completing and submitting record of service sheets, mileage reimbursement forms, client receipts.
Benefits to working as a COA In-Home Aide include:
- No weekends or evening hours
- Paid travel time (between clients) + mileage reimbursement (for travel between clients)
- Full-time positionsinclude full county benefits
- Satisfaction of helping seniors remain in their home
Please complete an Ionia County Application for Employment and submit it to:
Ionia County Administrative Building
101 W. Main Street
Ionia, MI 48846
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Ionia County is an equal opportunity employer.