Ionia County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for Deputy Sheriff to fill one full-time position.
Qualifications and Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the posted position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Applicants must be MCOLES licensed or certifiable
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, and a resident of the State of Michigan
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
- Applicants must be of good moral character and pass a thorough background investigation
- Applicants must pass a medical examination, drug screen and psychological evaluation
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent. College education is preferred, but not required
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills
- Prior law enforcement, criminal justice or military experience is preferred, but not required
- Applicants must have the ability to walk, crawl, climb and maneuver where physical mobility is required to complete essential job functions
- Applicants must show required proficiency in the use of firearms
- Applicants must be able to work weekends, days, nights and holidays
- Applicants must possess the ability to learn law enforcement methods, practices and procedures
- Applicants must be able to deal fairly and effectively with the public
- Applicants must possess a working knowledge of all state, federal and local laws
- Applicants will be expected to successfully complete field training and a one year probationary period
Please complete an Ionia County Application for Employment and submit it along with a cover letter and resume to:
Ionia County Human Resource Office
101 W. Main St.
Ionia, MI 48846
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 6, 2020.
Ionia County is an equal opportunity employer.