Ionia County 8th Circuit Court/Juvenile Division
The Juvenile Division of the 8th Circuit Court handles juvenile delinquency proceedings, as well as payments and collections for all neglect/abuse cases and delinquency cases and civil show cause proceedings.
Also located within the Juvenile Division is our YOUTH SERVICE BUREAU, a diversion and prevention program to keep youth out of the formal juvenile court system. This is a free, voluntary and confidential service for county youth, ages 6 – 16 years old, and can also be used as a resource for other county services.
Juvenile Division Office
Ionia County Courthouse Basement
100 West Main Street
Ionia, MI 48846
Juvenile/Family Division Judge:
Robert S. Sykes, Jr.
Juvenile Division Staff:
- Mark Jewell, Director of Juvenile Services & Non-Attorney
- Karen Heintzelman, In-Home Care Probation Officer
- Kristine Purnhagen, Probation Officer
- Dave Ostrander, Probation Officer
- Juanita Mills, Juvenile Court Register
- Sallie Possehn, Deputy Register
Youth Service Bureau Staff:
- Kristin Yalacki, Caseworker
- Kim Wheater, Caseworker