Ionia County 8th Circuit Court/Juvenile Division
The Juvenile Division of the 8th Circuit Court handles juvenile delinquency proceedings, as well as payments and collections for all neglect/abuse cases and delinquency cases and civil show cause proceedings.
Fines, costs, and other financial obligations imposed by the court must be paid at the time of the assessment, except when the court allows otherwise, for good cause shown.
Also located within the Juvenile Division is our YOUTH SERVICE BUREAU, a diversion and prevention program to keep youth out of the formal juvenile court system. This is a free, voluntary and confidential service for county youth, ages 6 – 16 years old, and can also be used as a resource for other county services.
Juvenile Division Office
Ionia County Courthouse
100 West Main Street
Ionia, MI 48846
Juvenile/Family Division Judge:
Robert S. Sykes, Jr.
Juvenile Division Staff:
- Mark Jewell, Director of Juvenile Services & Non-Attorney Referee
- Karen Heintzelman, In-Home Care Probation Officer
- Kristine Purnhagen, Probation Officer
- Dave Ostrander, Probation Officer
- Juanita Mills, Juvenile Register
- Sallie Possehn, Deputy Register & Financial Officer
Youth Service Bureau Staff:
- Kristin Yalacki, Caseworker
- Kim Wheater, Caseworker