County Job Board
Please click here to view the Ionia County Job Board.
Amazing Volunteer Opportunity!
Who wants to spend their summer enjoying a peaceful camping experience in a beautiful 186-acre park? Ionia County is looking for a Volunteer Campground Host for Bertha Brock Park, starting May 1st and going through September. The successful candidate would be provided with lodging at our newly renovated two bedroom, one bath caretaker’s house, with all park related utilities included.
Volunteer Campground Host duties will include assisting and directing visitors to campsites, explaining camping fees, assisting with camping activities, supplying visitors with information and similar tasks.
If being a Volunteer Campground Host sounds like the perfect way to spend your summer, please review the Volunteer Campground Host Program – Policies & Procedures, and complete the Volunteer Campground Host Application. Your completed application can be mailed or delivered to the Ionia County Administration Office, 3rd Floor – Courthouse, 100 W. Main Street, Ionia, MI 48846.
Please note that this is a volunteer position; no monetary compensation is included.
Board/Committee Vacancies and Upcoming Appointments
The Board of Commissioners appoints local citizens to a number of boards and committees. Appointments are made at varying times throughout the year, depending on the board/committee. There are also vacancies that occur due to a board/committee member leaving or choosing not to be reappointed. Those vacancies are open for applicants at any time during the vacancy. Please check here for monthly updates of current vacancies and upcoming appointments.
If you are interested in serving your county, please fill out an Application for Appointment and forward it to the Administration Office. For more information on the various boards and committees, please review our Board-Committee Appointment Information List. More information can also be found on our Boards and Commission Appointments page.
Current Board/Committee Vacancies
*Board of Public Works – One three-year appointment expiring January 2021.
*Central Dispatch Board of Directors– One two-year appointment expiring December 2018, serving as a Citizen Representative.
*Construction Board of Appeals – Two two-year appointments expiring October 2019, one which serves as an alternate member.
*Economic Development Corporation/Brownfield Redevelopment Authority – One three-year appointment expiring April 2020, serving as a designee of the Ionia County Economic Alliance.
*Parks Advisory Board – One two-year appointment expiring January 2019, serving as the Lyons Area Representative.
*West Michigan Regional Planning Commission Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee – One one-year appointment, expiring December 2018.
Upcoming Appointments for Consideration:
- Amateur Radio Emergency Services/Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services – Two three-year appointments made in September 2018; one of these appointments serves as Assistant Coordinator.
- Commission on Aging Board – Three three-year appointments made in September 2018.
- Central Dispatch Board of Directors – Two two-year appointments which serve as Citizen Representatives. Appointments made in December 2018.
- Road Commission Board – Two six-year appointments made in December 2018.
- Substance Abuse Initiative – Three two-year appointments made in December 2018.
- West Michigan Regional Planning Commission – One one-year appointment which serves as a General Public Representative. Appointment made in December 2018.
- West Michigan Regional Planning Commission Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee – Two one-year appointments made in December 2018; one of these appointments serves as a Private Sector Representative and one as a Public Sector Representative.
2017 Board of Commissioners’ Year in Review
Listed below are just a few of the accomplishments for 2017:
- Groundbreaking for new courts facility
- Opening of MiCommunity Dental Clinic
- Bertha Brock house improvements
- In-car camera project
- Indigent Defense Compliance Plan
As stated, this is just a few of the County of Ionia successes. The County of Ionia has been dealing with security and space issues for a long time and this project will definitely help in both areas.