The Board of Commissioners appoints local citizens to a number of boards and committees. Appointments are made at varying times throughout the year, depending on the board/committee. There are also vacancies that occur due to a board/committee member leaving or choosing not to be reappointed. Those vacancies are open for applicants at any time during the vacancy. Please check here for monthly updates of current vacancies and upcoming appointments.
Current Board/Committee Vacancies
- Board of Public Works – One three-year appointment expiring January 2021.
- Construction Board of Appeals – Two two-year appointments expiring October 2019, one which serves as an alternate member.
- Economic Development Corporation/Brownfield Redevelopment Authority – One three-year appointment expiring April 2020, serving as a designee of the Ionia County Economic Alliance.
- Parks Advisory Board – One two-year appointment expiring January 2019, serving as the Lyons Area Representative.
- West Michigan Regional Planning Commission Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee – One one-year appointment, expiring December 2018.
Upcoming Appointments for Consideration
- Amateur Radio Emergency Services/Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services – Two three-year appointments made in September 2018; one of these appointments serves as Assistant Coordinator.
- Commission on Aging Board – Three three-year appointments made in September 2018.
- Central Dispatch Board of Directors – Two two-year appointments which serve as Citizen Representatives. Appointments made in December 2018.
- Road Commission Board – Two six-year appointments made in December 2018.
- Substance Abuse Initiative – Three two-year appointments made in December 2018.
- West Michigan Regional Planning Commission – One one-year appointment which serves as a General Public Representative. Appointment made in December 2018.
- West Michigan Regional Planning Commission Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee – Two one-year appointments made in December 2018; one of these appointments serves as a Private Sector Representative and one as a Public Sector Representative.
If you are interested in serving your county, please fill out an Application for Appointment and forward it to the Administration Office. More information on the various boards and committees can be found on our Boards and Commission Appointments page: