Expecting Excellence Every Day
The Circuit Court Probation Department in Ionia County consists of eight Agents, one clerical staff member and one Supervisor employed by the State of Michigan. Five of the agents are Probation Staff and three are Parole. Some of the assigned functions of the office are: Supervises probationers and parolees, investigates and interviews offenders and family members, prepares pre-sentence and violation reports, attends court proceedings, conducts field visits, maintains case records, makes referrals to appropriate agencies/organizations and installs and monitors GPS, Sobrietor, SCRAM and Tether equipment
Hours of Operation & Report Day Information:
- The Probation Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Entry to the building prior to 8:00 a.m. is by appointment only.
- Report day is every Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If special arrangements are needed to accommodate a work schedule, that can be done on a case-by-case basis with the approval of the Agent.
- REPORT DAY IS MANDATORY. MISSING A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT MAY RESULT IN A VIOLATION OF PROBATION OR PAROLE.
If an offender is held on supervision for the sole purpose of paying off existing financial obligations, they may be placed on non-reporting probation. In this case, a monthly report form is required to be mailed to the office. This form can be found under the “Forms” section of this website or can be obtained directly from your Agent. Under this supervision level, an in-person report is still mandatory every six (6) months.