Deposit Money into an Inmate Account
The Ionia County Sheriff’s Office offers services for family and friends wishing to deposit money into an inmate’s
1. Lobby Cashier – money can be deposited to the inmate’s account through the Lobby Cashier by cash,
credit or debit card. The inmate’s jacket number or date of birth is required.
- The Cashier does not accept $1.00 bills.
- The maximum cash deposit amount per transaction is $100. There is a $3.25 service fee
deducted at the time of deposit.
- The maximum credit/debit card deposit is $100. There is a $7.95 service fee at the time of
the deposit that is added to the total charge to your card.
2. MoneyGram – A MoneyGram can be purchased and sent electronically to an inmate by visiting Walmart.
You will need the following information:
- Company Name: SSC Inmate Funding
- Receive Code: 7950
- Account Number: Y70 (Ionia County Facility ID)
3. www.Smartdeposit.com – Credit card deposits from your mobile device or home computer.
4. GovPay.Net – 2 ways to pay by credit card:
- Online: GovePayNow.com
- By Phone: 1-888-277-2535
What you’ll need:
- Inmate/Resident Name
- Inmate/Resident Number
- Facility code – Y70
Pay Location Code
#4500 – Bail
#5500 – Commissary Deposit
5. Money Order – you may mail a money order to:
Ionia County Jail
Name of Inmate
133 E. Adams St.
Ionia, MI 48846