The goal of the Ionia County Commission on Aging is to strengthen the well-being of ALL Ionia County Senior Citizens and to be the cornerstone of support services for their continued independence.
Eligibility: Ionia County Residents 60 years of age or older
Cost: No set charge for most services, but client support is made through donations, cost sharing and/or private pay.
Ionia County Commission on Aging is Funded by:
- State Appropriations and Older Americans Act Federal Funds received through the Office of Services to the Aging and Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan, Inc.
- Michigan Department of Transportation Funds received through City of Ionia/Dial-A-Ride.
- Ionia County Board of Commissioners support in various forms.
- Community Support in the form of client donations and fund raising events.
- Ionia County Senior Millage for supportive services.
The Ionia County Commission on Aging is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of services on the basis of color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1.A. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the services provided by the Ionia County Commission on Aging, or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, you may contact our office at (616) 527-5365