COVID-19 NoticeOur agency continues to deliver services throughout Ionia County, with some changes due to the COVID-19 outbreak. New services, or services delivered in new ways, are available to help you during this time. Our current Meals on Wheels™ delivery schedule is: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays each week. We are delivering a mix of both hot meals and frozen meals, home-cooked from our kitchen. Drivers will not enter homes to maintain safe social distancing. Holidays may result in delivery schedule changes. In Home Services – In Home Services have resumed with extra precautions in place to keep staff and clients safe! Wellness Checks are also available to check in with loved ones during this difficult time. Please call for more info. Transportation – Transportation is available for trips within Ionia County! Call us to schedule your trip. Wellness Classes – Join us for virtual “EFIT” Monday, Tuesday and Thursday starting at 10am or join us for virtual Tai Chi, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9am, all hosted on ZOOM– new participants are welcome! Congregate-to-GO! Drive-thru Meal Service for Seniors, is available each Tuesday in Ionia – RSVP by the noon the Friday before. Senior Center Activities: Our Caregiver Support Group meets monthly via telephone every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 12:30-1:30. MMAP counseling is available virtually, call for forms or to schedule an appointment over the phone. Open enrollment continues through December 7! Info and Referral is just a phone call away and your call is always welcome. Special Events – See our flyers below about special Congregate-to-GO! holiday meals at all our meal sites and a special event presented by the Alzheimer’s Association, Effective Communication Strategies & Enjoying Family Celebrations While some staff are in the office many are working remotely from home. If you call and reach our voicemail, please leave a message along with your phone number. Your call will be returned promptly. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. (616) 527-5365 or toll-free (888) 527-5365. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe.
The goal of the Ionia County Commission on Aging is to strengthen the well-being of ALL Ionia County Senior Citizens and to be the cornerstone of support services for their continued independence.Eligibility: Ionia County Residents 60 years of age or older Cost: No set charge for most services, but client support is made through donations, cost sharing and/or private pay.
NoticesPublic Notice FY 2020
- Congregate-to-Go Drive-Thru Meals Service for Seniors, November
- Congregate-to-Go Drive-Thru Meals Service for Seniors, December
- Congregate-to-Go Drive-Thru Meals Service for Seniors, Holiday Meals – All Meal Sites!
- Effective Communication Strategies & Enjoying Family Celebrations – Dec 2nd, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association®
- Caregiver Support Group, call-in using your telephone!
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 12:30 PMIonia County Commission on Aging
Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 9:00 AM
View More Events Ionia County Commission on Aging is Funded by:
- State Appropriations and Older Americans Act Federal Funds received through the Office of Services to the Aging and Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan, Inc.
- Michigan Department of Transportation Funds received through City of Ionia/Dial-A-Ride.
- Ionia County Board of Commissioners support in various forms.
- Community Support in the form of client donations and fund raising events.
- Ionia County Senior Millage for supportive services.