Effective 8/27/23, $26.88 – $31.70 with lateral pay for prior years of service considered. $6,000 sign-on bonus.
- Health Insurance – employee 5% premium copay
- Employer Health Savings Account Contribution of $900 annually
- Voluntary Dental and Vision
- MERS Defined Benefit Pension
- 457 Deferred Compensation – voluntary
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Group Short Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Sick/Personal Days & Holiday pay
Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum
qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the posted position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Applicants must be MCOLES licensed or certifiable.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, and a resident of the State of Michigan
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
- Applicants must be of good moral character and pass a thorough background
- Applicants must pass a medical examination, drug screen and psychological evaluation
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent. College education is preferred,
but not required
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills
- Prior law enforcement, criminal justice or military experience is preferred, but not
- Applicants must have the ability to walk, crawl, climb and maneuver where physical
mobility is required to complete essential job functions
- Applicants must show required proficiency in the use of firearms
- Applicants must be able to work weekends, days, nights and holidays
- Applicants must possess the ability to learn law enforcement methods, practices and
- Applicants must be able to deal fairly and effectively with the public
- Applicants must possess a working knowledge of all state, federal and local laws
- Applicants will be expected to successfully complete field training and a one-year
Please send an application, résumé, and cover letter to:
Undersheriff Andrew Bucholtz
Ionia County Sheriffs Office
133 E. Adams St.
Ionia, MI 48846
Applications may be obtained from the county website @ www.ioniacounty.org or the Human
Posting will remain open until filled. Ionia County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.