Ionia County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for full-time Deputy Sheriff positions. Applicants would be sponsored to attend the Academy by our agency.
Sponsored recruits’ wages will be determined prior to acceptance
Ionia County offers a rich benefit package that includes the following:
- Health Insurance – employee 5% premium copay
- Employer Health Savings Account Contribution of $900 annually
- Voluntary Dental and Vision
- MERS Defined Pension
- 457 Deferred Compensation – voluntary
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Group Short Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Sick/Personal Days & Holiday pay
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the posted position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Applicants must be eligible to attend an MCOLES police academy.
- Applicants must be able to pass the MCOLES pre-written exam.
- Applicants must be able to pass the MCOLES pre-entrance physical agility test.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, and a resident of the State of Michigan
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
- Applicants must be of good moral character and pass a thorough background investigation
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent. College education is preferred, but not required
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills
- Applicants must have the ability to walk, crawl, climb and maneuver where physical mobility is required to complete essential job functions
- Applicants must be able to work weekends, days, nights and holidays
- Applicants must possess the ability to learn law enforcement methods, practices and procedures
- Applicants must be able to deal fairly and effectively with the public
- Applicants will be expected to successfully complete field training and a one-year probationary period
Please complete an Ionia County Application for Employment, along with a cover letter and resume, and submit it to:
Undersheriff Andrew Bucholtz
Ionia County Sheriffs Office
133 E. Adams St.
Ionia, MI 48846
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Ionia County is an equal opportunity employer.