Juvenile Court Services
Child Abuse and Neglect
The Michigan Department of Health & Human Services is responsible for the investigation of child abuse and neglect. Anyone can report the abuse or neglect of a child by calling 1-855-444-3911.
Services available through Juvenile Court:
- Personal Protection Orders (minor)
- Change of name – minor
- Emancipation of minor
- Guardians of minor
RDSS Quasi-Volunteer Program
The Ionia County Juvenile Court is recruiting RDSS Quasi-Volunteers to work directly with delinquent youth and their families. The work entails transporting, monitoring, and/or mentoring delinquent youth.
- Make a difference in the life of a young person
- Great experience for future social workers or criminal justice practitioners
- Flexible schedule. Great for mature college students or retirees!
- Quasi-Volunteers receive $12/hour and mileage reimbursement for their work.
- Reimbursement for meals is available.
- Paid training
Requirements: Must be 21+ years of age. No criminal history and a clean driving record. Must maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License and provide proof of auto insurance.
This is an on-call/as-needed position with no guarantee of work hours.
If you are interested or would like additional information, please contact Mark Jewell at (616) 527-5332 or firstname.lastname@example.org