In response to coronavirus concerns, The County of Ionia is taking proactive measures to protect our residents and employees.

All Ionia County buildings and non-essential departments and services will be closed until further notice.

Ionia County Health Department COVID-19 Response

Restaurant (Fixed Food Service) License is a license for a food service establishment such as a restaurant, bar, brew pub, coffee shop, cafeteria, sandwich shop, catering kitchen, rental hall, or commissary in which food or drink is prepared for public consumption. Application

Mobile Food Establishment License is a license for a food establishment operating from a vehicle, watercraft, tent, cart, that returns to a licensed commissary at least once every 24 hours. An example of a mobile food establishment is a hot dog pushcart that leaves from a commissary in the morning and comes back at the end of the same day. A mobile food establishment requires one inspection per licensed year. Application

Special Transitory Food Unit (STFU) License is a license for a self-contained food establishment that can be set up anywhere such as at a park or festival site. An example of a STFU is a food wagon commonly seen at county fairs and festivals. An STFU with a Michigan license can go anywhere in the state and requires two inspections per licensed year. Application

Seasonal Food Service License is a license for food establishments operating in Kalamazoo County nine months or less. Application

Temporary Food Service License is a license for a temporary food business operating at a fixed location for not more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. Application

Health Department

175 E. Adams Street
Ionia, MI 48846

(616) 527-5341

Children’s Special Health Care Services
Phone: (800) 359-3722
TDD: (800) 788-7889

Community Health
Phone: (616) 527-5341

Environmental Health
Phone:(616) 527-5341
Fax: (616) 527-8202
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4:00pm

Personal Health
Phone: (616) 527-5341
Fax: (616) 527-8208

Phone: (616) 527-5341
Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri:
Wed: 11:00am-6:30pm

Substance Abuse Prevention
Phone: (616) 527-5341

Woman, Infants, & Children (WIC)
Phone: (616) 527-5337
Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri:
Wed: 11:00am-7:00pm

Email Us