The Clerk’s office is open by appointment only. Customers can contact us at email@example.com or at 616-527-5322.
Birth certificates will be on file in the county/state where the individual was born
- Birth records 110 years or older can be issued to any applicant, unless the record is sealed
- Birth records can be issued to the following:
- to the individual who is the subject of the record
- to a parent named on the record
- to an heir
- to a legal guardian upon proof of court order
- a court order
To obtain a birth record for genealogy purposes, please visit the genealogy page for more information.
Certified copies of a birth record are $10 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy of the same record at the same time.
Please allow 5 business days for us to process your request. All requests will be processed in the order received. Thank you.
Requests by Mail
To request a copy of a birth record/certificate by mail:
- Submit a Request for Vital Records form: Vital Records Request Form.
- Submit a photocopy of your picture identification, such as a driver’s license.
- A check or money order made payable to: Ionia County Clerk.
- Credit/debit cards accepted
- A self-addressed, postage paid envelope for the return of the record(s)
Mail the above to:
Ionia County Clerk’s Office
100 W. Main Street
Ionia, MI 48846
For information on obtaining a vital record that is on file with the State of Michigan Department of Community Health, visit State of Michigan Vital Records.