Order Death Certificate Online
Please allow 5 business days for us to process your request. All requests will be processed in the order received. Thank you.
Death certificates will be on file in the county where the person passed away.
- Certified copies of a death certificate can be issued to any applicant upon the local registrar determining if the applicant has a legitimate reason and/or is eligble to receive the record.
- Death records are available from 1867 to present.
Certified copies of a death certificate are $20 for the first copy and $10 for each additional copy of the same record at the same time.
Requests by Mail
To request a death certificate by mail:
- Complete a Vital Records Request Form.
- Methods of payment accepted: check, money order (made payable to: Ionia County Clerk) or credit/debit card
- Send a self-addressed, postage paid envelope for the return of the record(s)
- Send completed request form, payment (if not by credit card) and a self-addressed envelope to: Ionia County Clerk’s Office, 100 W. Main Street, Ionia, MI 48846