Please call 616-527-5322 to schedule your visit to the County Clerk’s Office.
How to Obtain a Copy of a Marriage Record
- Marriage records are available from 1837 to present
- A marriage record (license) will be on file in the county where the license was issued
To obtain a marriage record for genealogy purposes, please visit the genealogy page.
For more information on how to obtain a vital record from the State of Michigan, visit the State of Michigan Vital Records website
Certified copies of a marriage license are $10 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy of the same record at the same time.
Requests by Mail
To request a copy of a marriage record by mail:
- Submit a Vital Records Request Form
- Methods of payment accepted: check or credit card (checks made payable to: Ionia County Clerk)
- Send a self-addressed, postage paid envelope for the return of the record(s)
- Send request form, payment (if not by credit card) and self-addressed envelope to: Ionia County Clerk’s Office
100 W. Main Street
Ionia, MI 48846
- Mail requests are processed in 1-2 days