Please allow 5 business days for us to process your request. All requests will be processed in the order received. Thank you.
How to Obtain a Copy of a Marriage Record
- Marriage records are available from 1837 to present
- A marriage record (license) will be on file in the county where the license was issued
For more information on how to obtain a vital record from the State of Michigan, visit the State of Michigan Vital Records website
Certified copies of a marriage license are $20 for the first copy and $10 for each additional copy of the same record at the same time.
Requests by Mail
To request a copy of a marriage record by mail:
- Submit a Vital Records Request Form
- Methods of payment accepted: check or credit card (checks made payable to: Ionia County Clerk)
- Send a self-addressed, postage paid envelope for the return of the record(s)
- Send request form, payment (if not by credit card) and self-addressed envelope to: Ionia County Clerk’s Office
100 W. Main Street
Ionia, MI 48846